This past weekend ya gurl hit 27! I’m all about that domesticated life while still nurturing my curious inner child at heart.
I truly feel I’m at the HIGHLIGHT of my life. Each year brings me new surprises after the next. I feel so blessed and forever grateful that I get to make content for a living, travel the world, and meet other amazing creative individuals. I just want to thank you all for supporting my journey and seeing me grow as a human being. From the bottom of my heart, I genuinely appreciate all my readers and thank you for allowing me to do what I do.
Here’s a list of 27 lessons I’ve learned.
- There’s never a right time to do anything. Just do it or else it may never happen cause there’s always going to be something in the way.
- We must have some bad days to appreciate the good ones.
- Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. Every project that you dream of can be chunked down into little bites. It’s really simple: You trace a timeline and write down the steps from beginning to completion. All you need to do is to complete one item in your timeline every day. If every day, you keep going, you’ll reach the finish line.
- People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances that they want and if they can’t find them, make them.
- When people undermine your dreams, predict your doom, or criticize you, remember, they’re telling you their story, not yours.
- I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.
- Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.
- Be the change you want to see in the world.
- Be present and mindful of what I’m doing at this very moment. It’s an irony of our modern lives that while technology is continuously invented to save us time, we use our time to do more and make our lives more hectic. Slow down to take in the details and appreciate life.
- You truly are the average of the five people you spend the most time with so pick them wisely. If they’re not bringing you joy or adding value to your life, you need to reevaluate who you are prioritizing.
- We don’t see things as they are. We see them as we are.
Beflexible as you dream. Always adapt to the new. Stay open to the possibilities that are right in front of you.
- To grow your skills, you need to get uncomfortable. Do what scares you cause the things we fear most holds our biggest growth.
- It’s never your age- it’s your willingness to learn and grow. Your life is an ongoing adventure.
- Don’t allow yourself to focus on problems. Just be solution orientated. Only think about solutions.
- Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use.
- To begin by always thinking of love as an action rather than a feeling is one way to automatically assume accountability and responsibility.
- Your entire universe is in your mind and nowhere else. To expand the universe, expand your mind.
- The mind is a powerful force. It can enslave us or empower us. It can plunge us into the depths of misery or take us to the heights of ecstasy. Learn to use the power of your mind wisely.
- Don’t be afraid to be real.
- Somebody else’s light shining doesn’t make yours any dimmer. Comparison is the thief of joy and positivity is the ultimate weapon that prevents us from being our own worst enemy.
- Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.
- The biggest difference I’ve noticed between successful people and unsuccessful people isn’t intelligence, opportunity, or resources. It’s the belief that they can make their goals happen.
- Practice self-care and not letting yourself feel guilty for lazy days. Self-care is an act of self-love. My younger self would used to neglect my emotional well-being and no matter how many milestones I reached, there was a void in my heart. Sometimes, it’s our own love that we need most, and first.
- Remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. Whatever happens tomorrow, we’ve had today so enjoy it.
- With every choice we make in life, there will always be sacrifices entailed with it. Be confident with your choices cause the rest is merely a distraction.
- Expose yourself to nature more. Nature therapy (spending intentional quality time in nature) can heal your mind, nourish your body, and feed your soul.